Thursday, July 26, 2012

Can you imagine if Obama had said that?!

When Mitt Romney was interviewed by Brian Williams, the topic of what happened in Aurora and the need for gun reform came up. Here's what Romney said:
"Well, this person shouldn't have had any kind of weapons and bombs and other devices and it was illegal for him to have many of those things already. But he had them," Romney said, although the guns used in the shooting were all purchased legally.

"And so we can sometimes hope that just changing the law will make all bad things go away. It won't. Changing the heart of the American people may well be what's essential, to improve the lots of the American people."
Most people commenting on this have done what this article did...point out that the guns (and ammunition) used in this instance were purchased legally.

But its that last sentence that stuck out to me. WTH was Romney saying? That it is "the heart of the American people" that is responsible for what happened in Aurora?

My gawd, just imagine what conservatives and the Romney campaign would have done if President Obama had said something like that!

1 comment:

  1. I didn't see the interview so I probably shouldn't comment, but I think he was trying to steer the conversation to how he would make America better. "Changing the heart of the American people may well be what's essential, to improve the lots of the American people." sounds like "when I'm president I will make the economy work because Obama can't and that will change the hearts of the American people. And that will change the lot of the American people." But I doubt Brian Williams let him steer it in that direction. Mitt Romney knows nothing beyond making money equals happiness. Pathetic. I'm almost embarrassed for him.

    ReplyDelete

Why Christian nationalists fear freedom

For years now a lot of us have been trying to understand why white evangelical voters remain so loyal to Donald Trump. I believe that the an...